Lab Exam 3 Study Guide
A guide to help you study for the Microsoft Access Lab Exam.
Below is a list of each chapter in the "Exploring: Microsoft Access
2013, Comprehensive" book in which you worked on exercises in lab class.
Listed with the chapter are the exercises you completed and the major
topics covered in those exercises.
The first step to study for the Microsoft Access Lab Exam is to read
through the Access Review Presentation:
Access Review Presentation.
The second step to study for the Microsoft Access Lab Exam and to get an
idea of the format of the Microsoft Access Lab Exam is taking the
Practice Access Exams:
Practice Access Exam 1.
Practice Access Exam 2.
Important: Remember, the actual exam you will take is NOT
any of the Practice Access Exams!!
End of Chapter Questions and Exercises
The third step to study for the Microsoft Access Lab Exam is answering
all of the multiple choice questions and completing all of the practice
exercises, mid-level exercises, and the capstone exercise at the end of
each chapter listed below.
But, do not do:
- Chapter 2 - Mid-level exercise 3.
- Chapter 4 - Mid-level exercise 3.
- Chapter 5 - Mid-level exercise 3.
Click, Files for the Exploring Access
End of Chapter Exercises, to go to the instructions to download the
files needed to do the practice exercises, mid-level exercises, and the
capstone exercise at the end of each chapter listed below.
Chapter 2 - All 4 exercises.
- Create a new database.
- Create a table by entering data.
- Change the primary key, modify field properties, and delete a
- Modify table fields in design view.
- Create a new field in design view.
- Switch between the table design and the table datasheet views.
- Import Excel data into an Access table.
- Import data from another Access database file.
- Modify an imported table's design.
- Add data to an imported table.
- Establish table relationships.
- Create a query using a wizard.
- Specify query criteria and sorting.
- Change query data.
- Add additional tables to a query.
- Create a multi-table query.
- Modify a multi-table query.
Chapter 4 - All 2 exercises.
- Create a form.
- Create a split form.
- Create a multiple items form.
- Data entry via a form.
- Modify the layout of a form via layout view.
- Create a report.
- Create report using the report wizard.
- Modify a report.
- Change the sorting in a report.
Chapter 5 - All 2 Exercises.
- Establish required fields and set default field values.
- Set a validation rule and generate validation text.
- Use the input mask wizard.
- Create a lookup field.
- Modify a lookup field.
- Create a parameter query.
- Use the date and round functions.
- Use the iif and isnull functions.
- Perform date arithmetic.
- Create a table in design view.
- Set the primary key field.
- Add data to a table in datasheet view.
- Create a form using the form wizard.
- Create a query in design view.
- Specify simple criteria in a query.
- Specify multiple criteria in a query.
- Specify generic text field criteria in a query.